Thursday, January 13, 2011

Buster and Plucky -- "Tiny Toon Adventures"

Ken Boyer was one of the very first artists to work on "Tiny Toon Adventures."  He and Alfred Gimeno drafted most of the initial versions of the characters who would become the stars of the series.  


This drawing and cell set-up of Buster and Plucky is by Ken.  He really knew these characters inside and out.  I can't think of anyone who drew them better.  Ken packed his drawings with personality that made the Tiny Toon stars both cute and pushy at the same time.  Quite a feat! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Ken really was a great artist! Thanks for sharing this, Tom. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is from Startoons ¿isn't it?, well now I wish to talk about parodies in Animaniacs, something I won't forget is when the warners made fun of a live action TV show that was as popular as animaniacs, I loved both shows, it was: !mighty Morphin power rangers!, of all my favorites episodes, Super Strong Warner Siblings is # 1 of my "personal" Rank, and I remember that power rangers and animaniacs were together on the TV where I live, I mean after one of the shows ended, the other started, I can't remember if it was animaniacs of power rangers, but they were next to other, and I loved a lot Both of them!, unforgettable, and curiously before the super warner siblings episode, because of their spoof of other shows, I imagined them spoofing power rangers, even before watching that episode for the first time! !imagine that!. !thank you For that episode!I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how he drew it!
    Which episode is this one from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a promotional drawing/cel Ken made on his own. It's not from an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom, when the episode "super strong Warner Siblings" was made, ¿was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers airig at almost the same hour?, because at a local chanel where I live that happened, I think after animaniacs the next show was Power Rangers.

    ReplyDelete